Tell Your Story Using Video
Event on 2012-09-21 09:00:00
Get a Flip Video camera (to keep) and start making your own videos to help you attract attention, volunteers and contributions to your nonprofit.
This workshop is for smaller nonprofits, with limited resources. We can only accommodate ten teams of two people (only one team per organization).
By the end of the three session your team will learn:
- How you can film, edit and share a video all in one day;
- How to tell a compelling story using video; and
- How to share the videos on your website, YouTube and other social media channels.
Production of the Flip Video camera was discontinued in 2011, but you'll still find users, parts and support that make this a worthwhile tool. Learning to use this simple pocket camera gives you skills you can transfer to digital movie making using a smartphone or other device. It's easy, low-cost and fun!
To participate you must:
- Be staff members or volunteers of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (or operating under a fiscal sponsor) in Santa Cruz County;
- Be part of a team from the same organization with the same two participants attending all three sessions (no exceptions);
- Have an annual operating budget under .5 million;
- Have use of at least one laptop computer, with a newer PC operating system (Windows 7 or higher) or a Mac with iMovie, that is brought to all three sessions;
- Be willing to start making videos for your nonprofit; and
- Commit to completing at least one video by the end of the three sessions that you share with us.
When: Fridays, September 21, October 18 and November 16, 2012
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon (includes coffee, tea and breakfast snacks)
Where: Community Foundation Santa Cruz County
Cost: 0 (for team of two)
Questions? Call 831.662.2030
at Community Foundation Santa Cruz County
7807 Soquel Drive
Aptos, United States