Question by Vasily: Someone I don’t recognize has added my MSN and also exactly all my contacts, recently. What to do next?
Someone I don’t recognize has added-up my MSN email. I asked him how did he get mine. This person said his “friend” supplied him, also mentioned he’s a great hacker (I presumed his buddy has hacked my MSN account. I’m so angry). So now he’s added me and every single of my contacts to his list! My privacy’s been ruined but I still hold my password in my hands, lucky me.
1) How did he add all my contacts? Should I inform them about this unwanted, uninvited user?
2) What are threats/dangers am I exposed to, in this case? Since I still hold the vital password and identity.
3) How to give him a bit punishment for hacking people’s data, maybe I should hack him back? How?
4) Finally what am I going to do next?
This is a long question. A great appeal to both computer and casual citizens for any recommended answer. Please I really hope for any outcome to solve this, which is deadly appreciated.
Answer by flyazneagle
Ouch. That sounds serious.
I think the first thing you should do is change your password. This offsets the chance that they have your current one and are just waiting to change it.
1. If the two hacked your account, they could see all of your contacts and easily add them. Maybe you could set your display name or status message with the person’s screen name telling people to delete him immediately.
2. Though you still have the password, I’m not sure if they could get it through hacking. For all we know, they may all ready have it and just aren’t changing it. Change it yourself to negate this chance.
3. Don’t hack him back. As tempting as it is, what goes around comes around. Besides, I have no idea how to hack anything so I can’t help you there.
4. Right now, I suggest you change your password as I said above and report his account to MSN, maybe contact them in addition and explain what happened. They should be able to sort it out and block his IP.
I wish you the best of luck in dealing with this!
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!