Question by dragon_wolf8504: How good is this computer for the games I wish to play?
Here is the computer:
Computer Model # dv7-4177nr
* Notebook, 9-cell li-ion battery, AC adapter, and PC Treasures software (ships separately)
* VISION technology from AMD with 2.9GHz AMD Phenom II dual-core mobile processor N640
* 17.3″ diagonal high-def+ HP BrightView LED display, 1600×900 resolution
* 6GB DDR3 RAM
* 640GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive with ProtectSmart hard drive protection
* LightScribe Blu-ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-RW drive, 2-layer support
* 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN
* Bluetooth technology
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 switchable graphics with 512MB DDR3 RAM, up to 3197MB total memory
* Beats Audio and HP triple bass-reflex subwoofer
* Webcam, digital mic
* HP SimplePass, integrated fingerprint reader
* HP Clickpad
* 5-in-1 digital media reader: SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro, xD
* Battery life up to 7.5 hours
* 3 USB 2.0 ports
* HDMI, eSATA/USB, VGA, RJ-45 ports
* Headphone/mic jacks
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
* Measures approximately 16-3/8″ x 10-3/4″ x 1-1/2″, weighs 8-1/4 lbs
Games I plan on playing Kane’s Wrath, Sims 3, and some older games. I like it because it also has a blu-ray player, I know it’s not full 1080hd display, but still, it will allow me to play blu-ray. Biggest thing is will i be able to play at full 1600×900 at “High” or close to it? Thanks for the help.
Answer by DarkestNight
i own a desktop with similar hard drive and ram also with light scribe and i have found mine does an excellent job with computer games. the only problem i see may be the graphics, but i prefer NiVidia so i guess it is just what you prefer.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!